Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tips - How much should I tip my manicurist? It's not a spa or Elizabeth Arden type of salon?

I know the tip is usually 15-20%. But the service is different and location is in a shopping center. They do a great job on my nails. I'm asking because sometimes they answer their personal phone, and speak in their language (which is uncomfortable), or get up and walk to the back without excusing themselves. etc. Not great courtesy or manners. And sometimes that changes the tip I was planning on giving. Any tips? (LOL!)Tips - How much should I tip my manicurist? It's not a spa or Elizabeth Arden type of salon?
I tip according to the 15-20 percent rule, but tend to tip a little more if the experience and the quality of the service is better than I expected.





I understand what you mean about some of the strip mall type nail salon etiquette. Some workers can be ignorant because they did not learn manners about how to treat a customer.





Use your own judgment. Don't decide your tip amount based on location but I would tip higher too if the person did more than one service for me and I was happy with the results.





That goes for airports, restaurants, taxis, any kind of service that requires a tip.





People remember you next time when you tip them well for good service.





Feeling pampered and satisfied with the service is very important and it is the determining factor in how much you are to tip for your service.Tips - How much should I tip my manicurist? It's not a spa or Elizabeth Arden type of salon?
if they answered their personal phone and spoke in a native language i wouldn't (and don't ) tip AT ALL. i tell them what i am there for and how i EXPECT to be treated. if they can't understand english that's their problem. not mine.








';i would like to have my fills done. does anyone here speak english because that's the only language i know'; (lie! i speak 7 languages fluently. and i know what they are saying)
I do not tend to tip unless they impress me. If you do not like the service do not but if you have to $2-$5.

No comments:

Post a Comment