Saturday, August 21, 2010

I want to start a salon/day spa...any advice?

I am in the process of closing on the building now. I do not have a cosmotology licence, but my business partner does. My part in the business it to provide the capital to fund the business and her responsibility is to manage and run the business. I know I will need an EIN number, a business license. What else will I need to get started?I want to start a salon/day spa...any advice?
Have a specific, demographic target market in mind, and develop a strong marketing/advertising plan geared solely towards them.





Good luck, and all the best in your business endeavor! Eventually I hope to open my own business.I want to start a salon/day spa...any advice?
The best routes to take are to research the process of starting a business as well as the industry you're interested in.





I recommend checking out the SBA, Entrepreneur, The Start Up Journal %26amp; Nolo. All 4 are great informational resources for the new/small business owner. I posted links for you in the source box.





Associations may be a good avenue to explore as well. These organizations will address many of the thoughts, questions and concerns you'll inevitably have as well as many you haven't anticipated yet. See the source box for some relevant links.





Research, research, research 鈥?this cannot be stressed enough. Read as much as you can about the industry. Here are some book titles that are relevant:





* Spa Business Strategies: A Plan for Success by Janet M. D'Angelo


* SalonOvations' Day Spa Operations (S Business Series) by Erica Miller


* Start Your Own Hair Salon and Day Spa by Eileen Figure Sandlin


* 101 Media and Marketing Tips for Salon Owners, Stylists and Managers by Nanette Miner





There are plenty of free informational resources out there. Check the source box for links to articles.





Hope that helps! I wish you much success %26amp; happiness in all your ventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment